Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another year.

We threw our second born to the wolves...ahhem....sent our second born babe to Kindergarten.
I can hardly believe it.
It's bitter sweet I tell ya.
I know without a doubt...sensed it and all...that she was more than ready for Kindergarten.
I worked myself up all out of sorts on Monday night.
Predicted that at any second an anxiety attack was going to kick in.
I self soothed.
The anxiety attack stayed at bay.
I also assumed that Tuesday I would wake up wacky and emotional and anxious.
I instead kept myself busy making now 2 lunches, preparing 2 snacks and 4 water bottles, french toast for breakfast, it went on and on and is does getting peeps ready soooo early for a long day. We opted for walking...heat and all.

I began to feel surprised with myself.
Calm.

Hadlee couldn't have been more excited for school.

She embraced all the fresh faces, the crowds and all the newness there was to take in.
Rylan continued to insist that he prefered to be homeschooled...even on the way to school.
1st stop....Rylan to his 2nd grade classroom....still not looking thrilled but decidely, prob realizing there weren't many options, hung his backup up and stored his lunchbox away.
We left our sweet Kindergartener in her classroom and I suppose it was there that the anxiety crept back in.
R assured me that she was fine....I read further into her gazes than he did.
She seemed nervous.
I had no choice but to walk away.
She was in great hands.
Home we went...just with the wee babe.

Tuesday lasted forever.
I couldn't have been more thrilled (and slightly teary) to see my sweet babes run toward me with open arms at 2:42 to declare (by Hadlee) that she didn't even cry.
Oh good.
I did worry about that all day too.
Rylan..."it was good."
That's it folks.
7 hours of school and that's all i get.
Overall.
Seems to be a success.
P.S....Day 2...miscommunication on pickup for Hadlee. There were tears from both of us.

2 comments:

Elena said...

I absolutely love reading your blogs.So glad Hadlee's first day of kindergarten went well for the both of you :)

STACEY said...

Could your kiddos be any cuter? I love them! I also love that Rylan asked to be homeschooled. Hysterical. (Confession- I did get teary-eyed reading this post though)