Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Smummer.

**Insert Rylan into the room...for his 85th attempt at stalling bedtime...he feels the need to have multiple snacks at bedtime.
Me: "Rylan...help yourself to a banana."
Ry: "I can't get a banana. It's too hard to rip.
Rip is a funny word in my opinion.


Ah hem...where was I?
Oh yes the heat index is what again? 1,394 degrees. Yes that's right.
I can taste fall in my mouth.
Seriously.
I'm salivating thinking about it.
I want nothing more than to resume endless hours of outdoor playing.
It delights the babes and I.
I want to so badly open emails about New Halloween Decor Now Available.
I just can't bring myself to do it.
I need a break in the heat first.

We've vacationed...multiple times this summer...my personal fav. I'd love nothing more than to never spend another dime on anything other than traveling.
The latest in fact was to the best texas beach i've ever put my toes in.
Surfside.
Must be a well kept secret among beach lovers.
We'll be making it a yearly occurence.
2 thumbs up from me if you need any beach reviews.

My thoughts on this vacation are:
How did we ever drive anywhere long distance without a dvd player?
My favorite peeps make vacations even more amazing!
Vacations are for indulging...creamy jalapeno never gets old...
Neither do margaritas and watermelon martinis (well maybe so).
Swim shirts are heaven sent.
Chick-fil-a...seriously $30. Could have and would have rather gone to Chuys.
Paint by number sets are seriously soothing.
Rowan...not a fan of the beach....makes less work for me.
My children and their sliced breads are the most creative peeps ever...log rolling, log sledding, pit digging.
I never once heard a child say they were bored.
People watching is even more fun when observant people are involved.
Liars Dice.
Next year...will bring fire pit.
2 sharks...did you hear that?
No matter how often we see those besties....goodbyes will and always are h.a.r.d.
The drive home can't ever go by fast enough.
Which by the way...why do my children never fall asleep in the car??? Especially when they are beyond exhausted? Is it b/c of that darn dvd player?
Oh well.
Best.Family.Vacation.Hands.Down.
I'm officially done with summer now.

**P.S. I'm done with my blog post...my son is still negotiating bedtime.**

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree. I am starting to hate summer. I can't go outside and do anything. It is way too hot!

Allena said...

Summer and I used to be BFFs. Now? We are no longer speaking.

STACEY said...

We’ve always done Port A, but you how gross that beach is. I think I’ll have to try Surfside next!