Sunday, July 24, 2011

ugh.

If you were at the outlet mall today at the same time as my dearest little family and you heard me turn into the angriest mama ever...sorry about that. Something about being in Banana really turns my sweet Rowan into a dreaded monster. Really like blood boiling. It occured to me while in there that Rowan can no longer be confined to a stroller...perhaps the end of an era...many eras that is...like taking him shopping. My children thought they were dying because of the heat. Even $6 spent on 3 cookies and $6 more spent on an impossible to push double car stroller didn't do the trick. Just to be understood...those strollers are for the birds. I'm just curious...did I complain that much about the heat when I was their age? Someone clarify me if I did. Yes little children I know it's miserable...I agree. I'd like to pack up our stuff at the drop of a hat and leave this state for good. But you already know that so that's a mute point. Our intention were a few things for R and then perhaps a few school clothes too. Rylan...only prefers graphic tees and gym shorts...which meant that he lost interest after he picked out his 3 shirts immediately after walking in the door. Mini Me chose everything in the store...now lets see if she still likes in a few weeks when school starts. All in all I'm pretty sure I should have just shopped online and let R go by himself while the babes and I napped. Sounds like it could have been more productive. And cooler. With lots less complaining.
Live and learn...happens daily here.
Happy freaking dog days of summer.

3 comments:

Allena said...

I always take reinforcements when I shop with Trent, and I just have 1! He is a nightmare in stores - doesn't want to stay in the stroller, doesn't want to listen, wants to run around like a crazy little boy - oh wait, he is a crazy little boy - ha! I think you're awesome for taking all 3 anywhere!! You're my hero! :)

cassie said...

I'm so laughing. But only because I'm so there myself with situations like this. You're awesome.

The Krause's said...

We have all been there! Drink a rita my friend ;) The amnesia will kick in and you will take all 3 to another store again haha....at least I do.