Thursday, July 14, 2011

vaca.


My lover and I went out of town for 4 whole days.
It was amazingly, wonderfully, divine.
I love to travel with R for numerous reasons of course.
Some I'll not mention. (insert smirk)
Others I will.
He's the best darn navigator ever.
Like I don't even have to pay attention.
Occasionally I attempt to read a map.
**However on one occasion that I was sans Randy and with a dear friend...we weren't so fortunate.**
And he picks out the best darn restaurants.
And plans the best outings all on his own.
Traveling for our marriage is numero uno!
It's something we feel that we do a good job of doing for ourselves.
If you ask me it makes us sane.
Something to look forward to.
A must piece of advice to all married couples.
Here's a few tidbits from our trip...
We wore long sleeve shirts and jackets the entire time.
High was 58.
That's half of here folks.
We stayed in the most amazing house.
Ever used homeaway.com?
You should.
Seriously...it outbeats any hotel eva!
We spent an entire day with no agenda only to use public transportation.
We found ourselves at the center of a riot while on said public transportation.
I tried to jump off said public transportation.
We vowed to not eat at a single chain restaurant...which we did not.
R had one day of work while there.
Twin Peaks!
Not the restaurantant...the scenery...look up if you are ever there!
Breathtaking I'll tell ya!
I spent the day with a best friend who resides nearby.
It was the perfect balance of what this mama needed.

We're home and refreshed and are thankful for loving grandparents!

No comments: