Monday, April 16, 2012

just a few thoughts...

I said I was at a cross roads....I swear I have some sort of intuition..6th sense if you might. It's like I feel things coming on. They came on strong I tell ya. My last post was January...the air around me...if you will...felt rather still...which generally means the storm is sure to follow. February was a blur. My emotions ran wild. We learned we were expecting #4. We experienced every emotion possible....every one let me reiterate! Mum was the word and we kept our news to mostly ourselves. February ended. March brought the lions indeed! March brought with it a miscarriage. One I never would have imagined. I was for sure that only happened to others. I speak of the truth because it should be spoken. All too many times I believe it isn't spoken...which sadly if you happen to find yourself in said situation makes it all that much harder. I never knew I would feel even more emotion about it. It.was.HARD.HARD.HARD. It felt like (well and I know if was) a death....gut wrenching. We wrapped our heads around it after a few days and believe life to be well thought out. We know that events happen for reasons and we put our trust in that. We cheered up. But March had more in store for us. 1 short er long week later R "seriously" injured himself playing good ol basketball. (Babe...might be time to hang up the jerseys or join the geriatric leagues). Are we getting old? Yes. He tore both his MCL and ACL. Been on crutches for 4 weeks. Surgery soon. More crutches. Total healing time after surgery...another 6 months. I was the proudest wife ever today to see him walk without crutches. The sound of crutches to me is similar to nails on a chalkboard. I hate that noise. That to me is painful. For a while I kept silently asking "what else?" I started say "that's enough." By saying what else I suppose the good lord thought I could handle more. And I'm sure there were more mishaps/happenings....however those took the cake. For now....i'm out.

4 comments:

Allena said...

Oh! I'm so sorry. Breaks my heart for you guys. Hope everyone is healing. Prayers and hugs to you.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that.

JulieBird said...

So sorry to hear of your heartbreak. I can relate. Big hug.

Anna Vasquez said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are feeling better and continue to heal. Prayers for your family!